(Makes 20 cups)
(This photo does not show the dates because I ran out of them *smile*)
I have been making this recipe for 26 years, since a friend in college used to bring it for us to munch on while we were studying. *smile* It's the best recipe I've ever had for granola and it's stood the test of time. *Yum* Our children also love it. And it's been one of our favorite healthy additions to our Green Smoothie breakfasts for several years now.
10 c. Old fashioned oats
2 c. Whole wheat flour
1 c. Wheat germ
1 c. Sun flower seeds
1/2 c. Golden flax seeds, chopped
2 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Sugar or Xylitol (or 3/4 c. blown sugar)
1 1/2 c. Oil (I use coconut)
1 c. Honey, warmed
2 Tbl. Imitation vanilla (or 1 Tbl. pure)
1 1/2 c. Chopped dates
1 1/2 c. Raisins
- Combine first 7 dry ingredients
- Combine 3 wet ingredients
- Pour wet over dry and mix thoroughly
- Spread onto a 1-inch deep baking sheet, bake at 300 degrees for 60 minutes stirring every 20 minutes. OR,
- In a basting pan, bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 40 minutes stirring every 20 minutes.
- After granola has cooled, add chopped dates and raisins (otherwise the dates melt and disappear).
Blessings on your yummy breakfasts! (or *snacks!*)
Some of my other posts you might be interested in: